At a glance – Alliance for children
- Achieves substantial outcomes for young children through collaboration, innovation and facilitation of coordinated services and policies that provide a springboard to success.
- Recognizes the prime roles of parents and other caregivers in their children’s lives by providing programmatic and other support to their efforts.
- Educates the community on both the importance of meeting the needs of young children and its impact of the issue on the future of the county.
- Expands and diversifies the revenue base supporting early education efforts by aggressively identifying, pursuing and acquiring private, foundation and other dollars.
- Provides full accountability and transparency for the use of the funds with which we are entrusted.
- Administers Smart Start and NC Pre-K state funds locally and directing those dollars to programs that measurably strengthen Union County’s children and families.
- Ensures the governance is conducted by a knowledgeable and diverse Board that actively engages in those matters coming before it and makes changes if investments are not having their desired impact.